CO2 GHG PROJECTS
Verification and/or validation of GHG projects
Validation: Systematic, independent and documented process for evaluating a GHG project against agreed validation criteria to determine whether a project plan is conform to agreed requirements, and can be expected its implementation to result in emission reductions and proposed GHG removal enhancements, as described in the project plan.
Verification: Systematic, independent and documented process for the evaluation of a GHG statement against agreed verification criteria.
- Review of conflicts of interest.
- Selection of the audit team.
- Initial interaction with the client.
- Development of the Validation/ Verification Plan.
- Review of design and baseline and monitoring methodology.
- Site visit.
- Follow up interaction.
- Development of reports and issuance of final opinion.