FSC FOREST CERTIFICATION - FOREST STEWARDSHIP COUNCIL® (FSC®) FOREST MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATION
CGN offers FSC® certification services in association with SCS Global Services. We are one of the leading companies in the application of this reference in the Iberian Peninsula. FSC® issues three types of certificates: Forest Certification, Chain of Custody, and Controlled Wood. Verification of compliance with FSC® requirements ensures that materials and products bearing the FSC® label come from responsibly managed forests. The FSC® Controlled Wood standard aims to avoid the use of wood products from unacceptable sources in FSC® labeled products.
FSC CERTIFICATION BENEFITS:
- Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) forest management certification strengthens your market position.
- It assures clients that products from forestry operations meet the world’s highest environmental, economic and social standards for responsible forest management.
- The Chain of Custody certification allows companies to label their products, allowing consumers to identify and choose those products that support a responsible forest management model.
ECOSYSTEM SERVICES PROCEDURE:
Within the FSC® Forest Management Certification, the Ecosystem Services Procedure certification can be added. This procedure provides the opportunity to verify the specific positive impacts that your forest management activities are having on ecosystem services: biodiversity conservation, carbon sequestration and storage, watershed services, soil conservation, and recreational services. You can use the FSC® trademarks to promote any verified impact and seek rewards from your customers, investors, financial backers, users, etc.
COMPLAINTS AND APPEALS
SCS Global Services investigates complaints and appeals related to FSC® in compliance with its FSC® Complaints and Appeals Procedure available here. In the case of claims against the actions of an SCS client, the complainant must first attempt to resolve the problem with the client before requesting that SCS become involved. In the event of an appeal, the appellant must file an appeal with SCS against any adverse decision made by SCS within thirty (30) calendar days after notification of the decision. The SCS FSC® Complaint and Appeal Procedure may be available in the local language of the country of operation upon request.
PEFC- PROGRAM FOR THE RECOGNITION OF FOREST CERTIFICATION SYSTEMS
PEFC (Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification – Program for the recognition of Forest Certification Systems) is a non-governmental, independent, non-profit and global entity that promotes the sustainable management of forests to achieve a social, economic balance and environmental of the same. PEFC provides the framework for the application of internationally agreed common standards to all of its national certification systems.
PEFC CERTIFICATION BENEFITS:
- PEFC-certified forest-sourced products assure consumers that they are buying products from sustainably managed forests.
- Improves access to global markets.
- Buyers can help combat illegal logging.